Sunday, October 18, 2009

War



Now she stands
By the bed that was mine,
And holds in her hand
My toys, untouched since I was nine.
A single tear rests on her cheek
As she holds them to her heart,
I see her rush to the door
At the sound of the rumbling cart.

Now she returns slowly
To where my belongings are,
I see her gaze rest there,
Awaiting my return from the war.
Silently, she wipes away the tear
And sits alone, feeling my lack,
She pushes back the worst fear
She doesn't yet know, I can never come back.

For I was in the war,
Where I never wanted to be
I was always a dreamer,
And she was everything to me.
But now I'm gone
And see from high above
Her patience, her tears
Her fears, and her undying love.

I am sorry, mother
I can't come to you
This is common now,
And this life is new.
Don't weep, mother, smile
And know I'm at peace
Bless my soul, bid me goodbye
For, away from the war, this is bliss.

8 comments:

  1. War poem.
    Wilfred oh Wilfred!
    Unobscure and beautiful, El.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets bow down to OWEN--the man who fought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Ye, Circus Flower.
    Srim, Owen the man who fought, and the one who taught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can Anyone tell me who wrote this????

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Samik Bhattacharya: Well yes, actually. Anwesha Rana. The Jood. UG1. I feel I should grin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samik. I did. Wrote this, I mean.

    P.S: Should I expect a hate mail and be scared?

    ReplyDelete
  7. grt!some poems move us n strike the innermost chord of our hearts.....beautiful!Really speaks of true feelings.I don't have words for this...may be even tears won't be enough!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete